Of monsoons and things filmi�

Have you been wondering whether this blog can be listed as abandoned property? Wonder no more. OiG is still very much alive and well. I�ve just been busy trying to move clouds and have had no time for film-watching or blog visits.

 

The trouble started when the Monsoons arrived in Calgary. Now, there is only one thing certain about Calgary weather, and that is that you can never predict what it will be like in a day or two, or even an hour or two! But for all it�s famous un-predictability, I doubt if anybody could have foreseen the coming of the Monsoons to this part of the Canadian West. There�ve been days of clouds and rains that would do Bombay proud! And while I am usually fond of clouds and rain, I do prefer to get to work in a relatively dry condition. So, for the last few weeks, I�ve been super busy trying to send the clouds back to Bombay with the power of thought and filmi songs. The latter, I feel, would be the most powerful method to move clouds, but I have hit an unexpected snag there. Every rain song that I can think of, exhorts the clouds to bring on the showers! So I am woefully short of cloud-chasing songs. Can any of you help?

Moving on to other filmi matters, Masala Zindabad now has part 1 of a lively and irreverent discussion between yours truly and hosts Amrita and Beth. We discuss "Iconic Female Characters in Hindi Cinema" and the evolution of the all-important Bhartiya Naari!

Comments